I really hope you brought some tea with you because I’m going to spill my tea. And if you don’t know what I’m talking about, I’ll once again wait while you travel back in time.
I don’t know about you, but I haaate shopping, especially for clothes. On one hand, the fast-fashion fad doesn’t seem to influence me and my extremely large
ego self-confidence. On the other hand, I’m picky. It can take me months of actively searching before finding a piece that I’m finally willing to settle on. Then I wear that piece for years (sometimes for days in a row; sorry not sorry). Is that considered slow-fashion? Maybe!
Knowing what you want and like on your body is only half the battle. What about sustainable fabrics? What about fit and durability? What about your financial
crisis situation? There are so many things to consider!
- This is my favorite video about different types of fabric and their personal/environmental pros and cons: My Green Closet
- And here is a video about vegan alternatives to some of the fabric types: Justine Leconte
- If you like second-hand shopping, teach yourself how to notice high-quality pieces: Real Men Real Style
- Don’t settle on how clothes fit on your body: Justine Leconte (again)
- Make sure your leggings look classy and not trashy: Justine Leconte (bless her channel)
By the way, I don’t enjoy wearing pants. My tummy ponch doesn’t enjoy wearing pants. My buns don’t enjoy wearing pants. Obviously, I made the logical conclusion that pants are evil.
Sooo when I finally found a pair of jeans that made me feel like I was wearing some sort of an illegal hybrid between comfy and sexy, I splurged…a lot. I won’t reveal the brand (unless you ask in the comments), but I’m a big fan. I can wear the same pair every other day for years before getting a replacement. Also, I don’t have to wash my jeans as much as I wash my other clothes, because the jeans retain their shape! I just hope that I’m at least kinda sorta making up for the massive water costs associated with producing jeans.
Leave a comment or email us with your questions and requests for specific topics ❤
The Blog Team Noob
(But Minimalism Pro)